I am a journalist from the Danish School of Journalism (2007). I work in Ekstra Bladet’s development department.
I am the editor of our blog. My primary task on the blog is a weekly recap of the past week in media, technology and management.
Until recently, my main focus was the technical performance. If you are curious, I’ve written a little (in Danish) about our work with performance, especially at ekstrabladet.dk and how third party content affects it:
- How good is your ad tech performance?
- Your ads performance is your performance
- The “Ad Block This!” Bus Makes a Point
Journalism and media
Even though I don’t work as a journalist, I still write since, well, it’s what I do and something I enjoy. I mostly created this website to suite my own needs but I hope that others my find it useful, since I enjoy having active readers with something on their mind.
My articles are primarily about what I work with and have worked with for almost a decade: Journalism and the technology behind, around and in front of it. I believe that journalism is for the public and that publishers should make money to do better journalism, not do journalism to make more money.
In 2012 I started our editorial development team (development work with our journalists) with a colleague and I managed the team until 2013. Back then I wrote to posts (also in Danish) about our work:
- What are the editorial development team really doing?
- The hijacking: How we made the interactive story
I often write about journalism and media, especially on my Medieblogger.dk website. But I also write elsewhere, for instance when I wrote a blog post for Journalisten.dk (the magazine and website for Danish journalists, photographers and communicators) on how I think the media are using Facebook the wrong way.
Follow me around the web
- On Medium where I write about technology and new media (in Danish). Among other things I have written about:
- How I try to keep up with the world of development and media
- Ad-blocking and user experience
- Is a development department a software company?
- How I had to give up on giving up Facebook
- And a post on Facebook Instant Articles
- I also have a publication on Medium (called ’23 minutes’) on life in an office and how to survice 😉
- A somewhat highlight there is how you should put your tasks in your calendar
- On Twitter where I talk about music, books, technology and journalism (in both Danish and English).
- At OnlineMinds.dk where I (from time to time) play with online stuff (with Kim Elmose) and write about it.
- At Medieblogger.dk where I write about journalism and new media (from 2007 to today) – in Danish
- I also have a a LinkedIn profile I try to keep updated.